What are the important criteria used to qualify for renting a home?

Since we manage homes for hundreds of different homeowners, each homeowner may have a somewhat

different standard for tenant selection. Generally, owners consider the following factors:

  • Satisfactory credit history
  • Monthly income about three times the monthly rental amount
  • No outstanding judgments
  • No past rental evictions
  • Established history of credit since a past bankruptcy
  • Employment verification
  • Criminal record check
  • Present and former landlord references
How much is the application fee?

Application fee is $40.00 per each applicant.

How do I submit an application for a unit? 

Applications can be submitted online through our website www.fullcourtpropertymanagement.com. Can contact our leasing department to walk you through the process 215-399-0703 ext.3

How long does it take for my application to be processed? 

Applications are usually processed within 48 hours.

When is rent due?

All rental payments are due on the 1st of each month. Your rent must be received by 5:00pm EST on the 5th of each month to avoid any late fees.

How do I pay my rent?

All payments are paid electronically through tenant portal or through “Rent Money” cash payment transaction at local convenient stores.

How do I file a maintenance request?

All maintenance requests are submitted online through tenant portal or contact office directly 215-399-0703 ext. 5

What should I do if my roommates move out? 

If you plan to stay in the unit after a roommate moves out, please contact our office so we can draw up new paperwork for you.  If you have chosen a new roommate, they need to contact our office and complete an application as well as pay the $40 screening fee. Only after screening and approval will they be added to the rental agreement/lease and be “legal” to live there.

How is my security deposit returned?

Your security deposit will be mailed to your new address 30 days post move out date. Your security deposit will have a deduction of $250 professional cleaning fee and any damages to the unit. We do a thorough walkthrough with documentation for a move in report & move out report to determine damages done to the property that are caused by tenant negligence. We provide pictures and receipt of repairs performed to the property to make it rent ready.


When do I get my money each month?

Each owner is set up with direct deposit through e-payment. Meaning when tenant makes payment online through their portal owner will receive direct deposit into their business bank account 5 business days from the initial online transaction.

How will I know if my rent was paid & how do I know the breakdown of the payments I recieved

Our management team will publish to your owner portal and email you a collection report every 6th of the month. We follow up every Monday of each week there after if there is a collection balance with detailed notes of tenant conversations.

How will Full Court Property Management find tenants for my units? How long will it take?
  • Your home will immediately be put on our list of available properties utilizing all avenues of advertising: fullcourtpropertymanagement.com web site,  MLS, external signs, internet, open houses, etc.

  • We are in frequent contact with many real estate brokers in the Philadelphia area and a large pool of tenants-in-need.

  • It normally takes two to four weeks to rent a home. It sometimes takes longer in the winter. A home goes on the list of available properties as soon as we receive notice from the existing tenant and permission from the owner to re-rent.

  • Many factors affect the speed with which a property rents including supply/demand, time of year, location, and condition. Our property manager will recommend a market rent based on these factors.
How is the property protected if the tenant causes damage?
  • In most cases, the security deposit collected upon move-in is more than adequate to repair the minor damages caused by tenants. Tenants with excellent credit and references seldom cause much damage and almost never in excess of the security deposit. Our screening company checks criminal, credit and eviction records as well as job history and landlords.

  • Should the tenants leave the property owing more than is covered by the security deposit, they will be billed. If they do not pay, it will be turned over to a collection agency.
What happens if my tenant does not pay rent?

The rent is due on the first of each month and considered late after the fifth. If payment is not received by 5pm on the 10 th of the month we will notify the owner and file at the courthouse for a FED (eviction) hearing, which will be within ten to fourteen days. Full Court Property Management uses a third-party law firm for eviction services, this saves time and aggravation the flat fee is $300 plus filling costs. The faster we get rid of a bad situation the quicker we can get a more qualified tenant in place.

What happens if the tenant leaves before the end of the lease?

The tenant is responsible for the rent for the term of the lease. If they are forced to or choose to leave prior to the termination date, they will be charged for the rent until the property is re-rented to acceptable persons under the same terms and conditions of the original lease. The owner is responsible for attempting to re-rent the property as soon as possible in order to minimize the tenant’s costs.

My property manager has suggested that I paint, replace a room of carpet, and have the house power washed before placing it on the rental market? 

A well-maintained property attracts better tenants, leases in a shorter time, and generally brings higher rents. Well-qualified tenants realize they are sought after and shop homes that are in good condition and offer the best value for their rent dollars. The money you “save” by not having the property in top condition will be spent on longer vacancies and the problems associated with attracting lesser qualified tenants.

When do you need a rental license? 
  • Any property owner who rents his/her property to others needs to have a current rental license. The license is issued by The Philadelphia Department of Licenses and Inspections.
  • In order to get a rental license, property owners need the following: an active Business Privilege License number, an active Business Privilege Tax Identification number, and knowledge of the property and what type of license is needed. Owners will need a license for each rental property they have.
What is a certificate of rental suitability and when is it required?

All owners that rent property are required to obtain a Certificate of Suitability issued by the Department of Licenses and Inspections no more than sixty (60) days prior to a tenant moving in. The certificate can be issued for properties that do not have critical code violations. The printed certificate will include the required owner’s attestations.

“Property owners after October 1, 2011 will be required to obtain a “Certificate of Rental Suitability” at the beginning of every new tenancy. The certificate, which is available online, must be obtained no more than 60 days prior to the commencement of the lease. The owner is also required to provide the new tenant with a copy of the “City of Philadelphia Partners for Good Housing Handbook”.

In order to obtain the Certificate, the owner will be required to confirm:

  • that the owner has a current annual Housing Inspection license;
  • that the property is fit for human habitation;
  • that fire/smoke detection equipment for the premises is in proper operating condition;
  • that the property will be maintained during the term of the lease in a condition fit for human habitation, and that fire/smoke detection equipment will be maintained as otherwise required by existing law.
  • Pursuant to the PA Commonwealth Court Order, no fee will be charged for issuance of the Rental Suitability Certificate. The Rental Suitability License can be obtained at phila.gov. On the left hand side of the page a link appears for Permits and Certificates, and then a link to Rental Suitability Certificate.
  • Violation appeals can be initiated with the Board Administrator at the Municipal Services
  • Building, 1401 John F. Kennedy Boulevard.”
What is a Business Privilege Tax (BPT) Identification Number?

The Business Privilege Tax (BPT) is required of every person who wants to engage in business in Philadelphia. This includes the generation of rental income. The BPT Identification number and license are issued on a lifetime basis for the fee of $300 (as of Jan.1, 2009). Once obtained, the BPT license can be uses for all business within the city. Applications and requirements can be downloaded from the city’s web site.

What are the essential documents to be compliant for a residential lease?
  • Pennsylvania Residential lease.
  • ‘Protect Your Family From Lead in Your Home’ pamphlet.
  • City of Philadelphia Rental License
  • City of Philadelphia Rental Suitability
  • ‘Partners for Good Housing’ handbook.
What should I know about City of Philadelphia Trash Regulations?

Philadelphia SWEEPS officers are becoming increasingly active and are issuing more and more tickets. Take note of the following:

  • If your trash is collected by the City of Philadelphia, trash cannot be put out until 7pm the night before trash day. There is now a $300 annual fee for all commercial properties utilizing the city for trash pickup. For more information on this fee, please contact the Streets Department Solid Resources Unit at 215-686-5090 or email solidresources@phila.gov .
  • If your business has contracted with a licensed trash/recycling hauler, you must have a Dumpster License for all waste and recycling containers used by the business AND an RFI Medallion attached to each dumpster or trash container. Call the Department of License and Inspections at 215-686-8686 for more information.
  • Dumpster License Application
  • Dumpster Medallion FAQs
  •  Medallion Attachment Instructions
What are the city’s requirements for smoke detectors & carbon monoxide detectors?
  • Philadelphia Code (Bill No. 192) states that smoke detectors are required in one- & two-family dwellings. It also establishes that the owners and occupants/tenants are responsible for upkeep and testing. Owner certifications of installation and operation are mandatory upon application and renewal of rental property licenses.
  • Philadelphia also recently passed an ordinance requiring carbon monoxide detectors in all one- & two-family dwellings. The law took effect Jan. 1, 2009, and it states that the alarms must be made by a nationally recognized laboratory and include detection and alarm devices. Owners and occupants/tenants are responsible for upkeep and testing.
How do I get an understanding of the latest city security deposit law?
  • A security deposit is money which actually belongs to the tenant, but is held by the landlord for protection against damages or unpaid rent. The Pennsylvania Landlord Tenant Act places a limit on the amount of a security deposit that a landlord may charge.

  • After five years the landlord cannot increase a security deposit even though the monthly rent is increased. Problems and disputes can be directed to the Attorney General’s Bureau of Consumer Protection at 1-800-441-2555.
Full Court Property Management